Inspire and empower each learner to reach their full potential.
An innovative, high performing rural school district delivering educational excellence.
District Core Beliefs
- Students are our number one priority.
- Everyone can learn and grow.
- We welcome and respect diversity.
- Everyone is treated with compassion, kindness and dignity.
- An engaging education includes rigorous academics, as well as relevant life skills.
- Creativity and innovation are key in a rapidly changing world.
- We promote integrity, trust, accountability, and hard work.
- Community, collaboration and partnerships are vital to our success.
To see Sherburne-Earlville Central School data from the New York State Education Department, CLICK HERE
The Sherburne-Earlville Central School District is made up of original schools from Lebanon, Poolville, Earlville, Smyrna, North Norwich and Sherburne. Grades UPK-5 are located in the elementary facility adjacent to the Middle School-High School in Sherburne.
Seven people are elected to oversee the educational system, each serving three-year terms as members of the Board of Education.
The student population of more than 1,300 is serviced by close to 200 professional staff members. In addition, ancillary services are provided by teaching assistants and teacher aides.
The district has a transportation system of 30 buses. Besides regular runs, students are transported to special schools, parochial schools and BOCES to obtain services in occupational and select special education programs.